Live Auction Chairman’s Message
Our committee has been busy securing donations for the 2018 banquet/auction. I thought we would wet your appetite with an update of what is committed so far:
- Action Whitewater Adventures has donated a 5 day whitewater rafting trip in Idaho.
- Jacques Senekal from Africa Maximim Safaris offers two hunts this year; a 2-man crocodile hunt with 2 observers and a 2-man plains game hunt with 2 observers.
- Africa Sprirt Photo Safaris donates a South African photo safari trip with an option to include hunting.
- Randy Quincy from Alaska Goldrush Adventures returns with another Alaska Brown Bear hunt.
- Visit Alaska's Legend lodge for an Alaska Cast and blast adventure.
- SCI National has once again donated a 3 night stay in their AWLS cabin in Jackson Hole Wyoming.
- Michael & Danielle Gross of once again provide a Balmoral Estate Roe Deer hunt in Scotland.
- Bill Saiff Outdoors has donated 2 NY State fishing trips.
- Luke Blackbeard of Blackbeard Safaris in new this year with a 6 animal plains game hunt in Botswana. Archery specialists.
- Brown Bear Taxidermy donates a deer shoulder mount.
- Casa Y Safairs’s Marisa Dovrtel, in Argentina donated a water buffalo hunt.
- Cazapampa Argentina & Ricardo Aguado will offer a 2-person hunt for blackbuck & feral goats.
- Kirby Bryan returns with a Chesapeake Duck & Goose Outfitting hunt in MD.
- Cam Reid from Coastal Springs Float Lodge in Alaska donated a Salmon, halibut & cod fishing trip.
- Fran Corju of Corju hunting returns with another Beceite ibex hunt in Spain.
- Dan Christ will be offering several pieces of his wonderful artwork.
- Anthony Caggiano donated a dove hunt with David Dennies Wingshooting in Argentina.
- Benjamin Helbing of Double Duece and Wild Wildebeest lodge offers a combo trip for Missouri Turkey and South African Plains Game.
- Rob Stanley of Fish Duck Guide Service donates an Ontario Waterfowl hunt.
- Gardner Ranch returns with a choice of MT whitetail or mule deer.
- Matt Meyers of Genus logistics continues to support our chapter with multiple trophy import certificates.
- Global Rescue offers up a 1 year membership.
- Josh Marinkau of Hammer Creek Taxidermy has donated a pedestal mount for your choice of animal up to a rhino or elephant.
- Troy Creasy of High Adventure sport fishing offers a 4-hour fishing charter on Lake Ontario.
- RV Robertson has donated a DIY elk hunt in Colorado with food and cabin that you don’t want to miss.
- Hal Shouse of Hog Swat donated a thermal imaging hog hunt in Georgia.
- Huntin Fool has donated a 1 year membership.
- Huntin Spain gives a choice of a red deer, fallow deer or mouflan.
- Jannie Otto Safaris has donated a mixed bag plains game hunt in the Norther Cape of South Africa.
- Wes Good of Kanati Taxidermy returns with his life size mount donation.
- KEKA Elk Refuge has donated a carraige ride through the PA elk preserve.
- Matt Chowns returns with his 2-person PA Bobcat/Coyote hunt for 2.
- McKinnon & Company Outfitters donates an Alberta Black Bear Hunt.
- Misty Mountain Taxidermy has donated 2 items; a moose shoulder mount and a choice of blacktail, mule deer or whitetail shoulder mount.
- Kerneels Viljoen of Monkane Safaris has generously donated 4 separate hunts. 2-person Nyala, 2-person giraffe, 2-person plains game and 2-person night hunt.
- Freddy Gonzalez from Nature’s Own Taxidermy returns with 2 more taxidermy donations.
- Anthony Caggiano and Nervous Water donated 2 separate Bahamas fishing trips.
- New Trend Safaris has donated a South African Lioness Hunt.
- Eric & Niki Smith and Numzaan Safaris have donated a safari with a choice of roan or sable antelope and a 10% discount for taxidermy done at Smith’s taxidermy.
- Oasis Alaska Charters has donated a 1 day salmon/halibut fishing trip.
- Okeechobee Outfitters returns with two donations of a trophy wild boar and an 8’ alligator hunts in Florida.
- David James of Outer Limits Bucks & Bears is new this year with 2 donations of a Saskatchewan deer and black bear hunt.
- Cameron Shumake of Pheasant City in South Dakota offers 2 different Pheasant Hunt options.
- Mark Wolfskill has donated 2 pheasant hunts at Pheasant Valley in Pennsylvania.
- Wade Hollerman of Pine Valley Outfitters in Utah returns with another 2-man mountain lion hunt.
- Joseph Jakab from Point Blank Hunts provided us with a Greenland Muskox Hunt.
- Quebrachal Ranch in Argentina offers a Texas dall, multihorn ram and hybrid ram for 2 hunters.
- Steve Leuenberger from Ram Creek Outfitters in British Columbia donated a bobcat hunt.
- Brant Allemand from Rangelend Outfitters in Wyoming will return with their popular pronghorn antelope hunt.
- Donovan Steynberg donates his plains game hunt for 2 and a Roan Tesebe combo hunt as well in South Africa.
- Mark Hall from Rock Hall Fishing Charters has donated a fishing or cast & blast trip in Maryland.
- Mike Pastori from Rodmasters Charters in NY offers a Trout/Salmon trip for 4 fishermen.
- Salmon River Bend Outfitters with Hal & Janet Kilfillen have donated a New Brunswick, Canada Black Bear hunt.
- Tony Chalfant from Scalechasers Bowfishing has offered up 3 seperate bowfishing trips.
- SCI National has provided multiple award certificates.
- Noreen Shenk from Shenk Fine Jewelry has once again donated a wonderful jewelry item.
- Sitka gear turns clothing into gear with 3 seperate gear donations.
- Eric & Niki Smith of Smith Taxidermy generously donated a life size mountain goat, mountain lion or deer mount for this year’s event.
- Sheila Vaden of Solo Creek Guide Service has donated an Alaska Moose hunt.
- Sport Ear is on board this year with a donation from their top of the line product offerings.
- Sporting Adventures has offered 2 seperate donations of villas for 6 days each in Costa Rica and St Thomas.
- Stihl powertools returns with anothe product donation this year.
- We have a Wisconsin Whitetail hunt from Mike Noskoviak of Superior Guides & Outfitters.
- Thabo Mmoyo returns with their popular plains game hunt in South Africa.
- Anso Thormalen of Thormalen & Cochran has offered up 2 separate African Plains Game Hunts.
- Zak Grobler from Tom Miranda Safaris in South Africa returns this year with another exciting Nyala hunt in South Africa.
- George Nelson from Trash Rack Outfitters returns with his popular Aoudad hunt
- Lisa Bennett of Wild Skies Cabins has donated a Colorado DIY Archery Elk Hunt.
- Toby Williamson has made 4 seperate donations from his exciting lineup of MD hunting choices.
- Mike Zander from Zander Taxidermy has donated a whitetail/mule deer shoulder mount in addition to a pronghorn shoulder mount for our veteran hunt.
- Bryan Huysman from Zulu Nyala donates 2 South Africa photo safaris.
Our lineup is shaping up to be one of the best ever and we still have 3 months to go. If any of our members are traveling to hunt this winter, please speak to your outfitters about donating a hunt to our chapter. You can then just put them in touch with me and we’ll work out the details.
Alaska Brown Bear Hunt
Very few places can you bait for brown bear in Alaska. Randy Quincy of Alaska Gold Rush Adventures is in such a place and he has graciously donated a 7-day hunt for one Brown Bear. Randy will pick you up at Anchorage Airport and transport you to a bed & breakfast in Willow, AK. From there he will pick you up every afternoon and take you to his airboat where you strike out on the river to the bait locations. For the past 5 years he has experienced 100% opportunity rate and nearly 100% harvest rate. Nine-foot bears are common and ten footers are a very real possibility. You can expect to get in your stand in the early evening and sit till the early hours of the morning taking full advantage of the long periods of daylight in June. That’s when the big boys come out. A second brown bear can be added for an additional $8500 or up to 3 black bears can be added for $2500 per bear. Included in the hunt are Transportation, Accommodations, Meals, Baits, Stands and supplies for hunting, Skinning, Quartering and Packing of trophy. Randy and his wife, Heather, have hosted Larry Csonka (Miami Dolphins) on his North to Alaska Hunting/fishing show several times and you are in for a great trip if you chose to buy this adventure. Fishing during the day or after the hunt is over is always an option. Not included in the offering are; AK hunting license ($160) or fishing license, Brown bear tags ($1000 per tag) or black bear tags ($450 per tag), Meat processing, Hunting equipment such as guns, clothing, boots, etc., Airfare to Anchorage, expenses before or after the hunt in Anchorage, taxidermy and Tips.
Alaska Gold Rush Adventures RESERVE
PO Box 442
Willow, AK 99688
Randy Quincy, Proprietor
Pennsylvania Bobcat and Coyote Hunt for Two Hunters
Matthew Chowns has donated another two-day Bobcat and Coyote hunt for two hunters in North Central Pennsylvania. This hunt will be conducted during the winter of 2019 PA Bobcat season chasing with experienced Blue Ribbon hounds and calls. Hunters may utilize snowmobiles or ATV’s as well as on foot in the majestic mountains of North Central PA. Included are guide service, transportation during the hunt and use of hounds. Not included are lodging (local hotel), meals, license (PA Game Commission), taxidermy and gratuities. Contact Mr. Chowns to arrange dates and location of this exciting hunt. LVSCI would like to thank Matthew Chowns for his 100% donation.
2040 Lucon Road
Schwenksville, PA 19473
7-Day Plains Game Hunt in Botswana
Luke Blackbeard of Blackbeard Safaris has generously donated a 7-day hunt for 1 hunter in the exotic destination of Botswana, Africa. The donation includes trophy fees for a Bushbuck, Kudu, Eland, Zebra, Wildebeest and Impala. In addition, you can add animals on a trophy fee basis off their extensive species list. The hunt may be taken in 2018 or 2019 and the hunter may use archery or rifle, though this is an ideal archery hunt. While in camp you will enjoy your own private luxury tent on the edge of one of their watering holes. You will be sharing camp with nature, as game and birds drink throughout the day and night. The camp has hot and cold running water and relaxing rain showers, flushing toilets and solar powered lighting. Included in the hunt are, 3-course meals and beverages (water, soda, beer & wine), lodging with daily laundry service, PH, trackers, skinners, and safari vehicle during hunt.Not included are air transfers to and from Gaborone Airport ($500 per group R/T), before and after expenses, animals wounded or harvested in addition to the donated animals, dip/pack and shipping of trophies, taxidermy fees, rifle permit or gratuities for PH and staff. Additional hunters may be added per the price list. Luke is also including an autographed book by Brian Marsh, Hunting Blackbeards of Botswana, which is a collection of hunting stories of the Blackbeard family Luke, Gavin, Ronnie & Dennis. LVSCI would like to thank Luke Blackbeard and Blackbeard Safaris for this generous 100% donation. This donation may not be combined with any other donated hunt.